copyright © RM of Paddockwood

RM of PaddockwoodNo 520

Frequently Asked Questions

Civic Addressing

The province has implemented a new civic addressing system.  The signs have been ordered through the RM office for $60.00 for the sign and required hardware.  The signs must be of a uniform look and placement so they will be able to be seen easily by emergency services. They will be located at yardsites or active farmyard sites with a high level of farming activity.

Subdivisions will not require the civic addressing signs but are assigned house numbers which must be clearly visible from the street.

The signs will become mandatory in 2021.  The RM will also begin the process of signing all Township and Range Roads throughout the RM.

When are the council meetings and are they open to the public?

Council meetings are generally held on the third Wednesday of every month unless otherwise posted.  All Council meetings are open to the public, if you have an issue you would like council to address please contact the office or your division councilor at least one week prior to the meeting date to be added to the agenda.

What are our office hours?

Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm excluding statutory holidays and staff training days.

What are the landfill hours?

Our landfill hours are as follows:  Paddockwood Landfill - Saturdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm 
There is no longer a fee for household garbage. All other garbage will still be subject to the $5.00 fee per load.

Garbage must be sorted into these categories: metal, electronics, untreated/unpainted wood with all remaining household garbage to go into the dumpsters.

There is a $5.00 charge at the gate per 1/2 ton load for garbage that is not regular household garbage.  Large appliances are subject to an additional fee of $15.00 per appliance.  Large loads requiring the 30 yards dumpster will be subject to a $20.00 fee depending on the size of the load.

What items are not accepted at the landfill?

We do not accept used oil, batteries, tires, shingles, large amounts of construction waste, fridges or freezers with the compressors still intact at the landfill.  Most of these items can be taken to the Prince Albert landfill.

Where is the landfill located?

  Paddockwood Landfill Map

Do I need a Burning Permit?

If you live within 4.5 kms of the Northern Forest you must obtain a burning permit from SK Environment 306-953-3422.  Also please contact our local fire department at 306-960-3084.  You should also report all controlled burns to SK 911 by calling 1-866-404-4911 with your land location and burning information.

What if I see a feral wild boar?

SARM is administering a provincial Feral Wild Boar Program.  If you see wild boar or signs of them in the RM of Paddockwood please contact your Division Councilor or the office to report the sighting.

What can I do with my used oil?

Used Oil will no longer be accepted at the RM landfills in accordance with Sask Environment regulations.  If you have used oil that you need to dispose of you can contact Envirotec Services Incorporated 763-9505.

Emergency Preparedness

In light of recent events the RM and the Government of Saskatchewan is requesting that everyone be prepared by having 72 hours worth of supplies on hand in the event of an emergency.  The link for this program is here.